Gifted





Where watched: Home.

Watched with: Morgo

I have trouble rating movies because I know sometimes a movie just is not good, but it is enjoyable. This is certainly the case with this movie. It was cliche, predictable, cheesy as I completely expected. But it was heartwarming and charming and I'm a sucker for that shit. I knew when I saw the preview that this was going to be a lame movie, but I also knew I was gonna see it and like it.

The movie is about Captain America being some genius dude who ended up raising his genius niece after his genius sister killed herself. Once the genius niece goes to public school it becomes very apparent that she isn't like other first graders and Cap is advised to put her in a gifted school. He refuses because he "wants her to be a normal kid" even though she is clearly a snot nosed little shit that should clearly be in a school that would actually challenge her. So the genius grandma shows up and is like "nah she should be in a smart school" and cap is like "nah she should be in a school that is literally asking 1+1 to their fucking first graders". Thats pretty much it. She gets taken away, but get this, she ends up coming back. It's touching.

The screen play is laughably bad. It is almost the writer said "Okay, we want this family to be smart. I'm gonna google 'stuff smart people say' and just throw that in my movie." It was also apparent that this bitch that wrote this movie has never been in a school. Teacher just starting the day "okay whats 1 plus 1? Good Timmy!" For christ's sake you are writing a movie put some fucking effort in.  I like all the actors in the movie just fine, but the writing didn't do them any favors so it made them seem like shitty actors. Except for my girl Abigail Spencer, who stepped out of her role as a sassy black woman in the 60s to play a sassy black woman in present day. Also, whoever played the little girl was adorable and funny and really the only reason this movie was as enjoyable as it was. Dakota Fanning head ass.

Favorite Scene- Captain America fucks the little girls teacher and the little girl is all "GOOD MORNING MISS TEACHERBITCH" in the cheesy ass way the miss teacherbitch makes all of her students greet her in the morning.

Overal Score: 70/100


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call Me by Your Name

I, Tonya

Mommy Dead and Dearest