A Futile and Stupid Gesture



Where watched: Home

Who with: alone

This movie was made for me. I am a giant Will Forte fan even since MacGruber. This is also a Dohmnall Gleason banger, which is big for me as he is one of my favorite actors. If you haven't seen About Time then fuck you because it is the best romcom there is. It is also extremely funny. It is also available on Netflix so its pretty much free to see.

This is the story about the creators of National Lampoon, the comedy magazine that has also put out many of the classic comedy movies that you would know such as Animal House and Caddyshack. It was a really interesting biopic that was told in a really unique way.

My biggest takeaway is that it was alarming how predictable it was because it seems like almost every person that starts off funny and cool gets a little taste of fame and then ends up being a real dickhead and unlikable. That's the reason I haven't been putting in the effort to make this blog as funny and popular as it could be. If I wasn't so worried about fame getting to my head and changing me, oh man this blog would be so famous you wouldn't be able to read two sentences without me throwing ads at you everywhere. But I refuse to be a sellout who leaves his friends and family behind for drugs and partying and being a dick. The only reason I am not famous is because I choose not to be because I am such a good person.

Best Scene: When Forte and Gleason meet at Harvard and instantly become friends because of their name tags.

Overall Score: 81/100

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call Me by Your Name

I, Tonya

Mommy Dead and Dearest