Call Me by Your Name



Where watched: Theaters

Watched with: Morgo

Call Me by Your Name is about a kid who lives in Italy (I've been to Italy) who's family takes in an exchange student from America. The kid is played by Timothee Chalamet, who is nominated for best actor for this role instead of James Franco. I guess that's what happens when you rape a bunch of chicks. Armie Hammer plays the exchange student. More like Navy Screwdriver. Well they end up wanting to bone, and then they end up boning, and then one of them fucks a piece of fruit and then the other one eats the fruit that had been fucked. This movie is up for best picture.

I did not enjoy myself in this movie, and that does NOT make me a homophobe. I fell asleep for a good portion of it because I was very bored. Other than the setting, which was beautiful, I just could not get into this love story, and that is not because it was about two dudes falling in love. I didn't really feel like there was anything interesting about the plot, and trust me when I say that opinion is not shaped because the plot involved a man sucking another mans dick a bunch of times. I wasn't invested because there didn't really seem to be any risk in this love story, I guess unless you consider AIDS a risk. But they really didn't need to hide from anything or anyone because the family was so accepting.

It is possible for somebody to just simply not like a movie and not have it be because they don't accept homosexuality. I've never seen Brokeback Mountain but I'm sure that's a great flick! And I LOVED that one scene in Black Swan. This movie just sucked di... I mean,, wasn't good. I wanted it to end, not because it made me hungry for peaches, not because I secretly wanted to wrap my arms around Armie Hammer's handsome bod. I just did not enjoy it, and that is okay.

Favorite Scene: I liked at the end when they rolled credits while showing Chalamet crying by the fire. Thought it was cool.

Least Favorite Scene: The peach scene. Holy shit I was uncomfortable.

Overall Score: 25/100

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I, Tonya

Mommy Dead and Dearest