Gone with the Wind



Where watched: Theaters/ Home

Watched with: myself.

So the theater I go to has something called "Flashback Cinema" or some shit and plays a classic movie every Sunday and Wednesday. Classic movies like Gone with the Wind, The Godfather, and Harry Potter 2. This was my first time dabbling in Flashback Cinema and it will not be my last.

I went to the theater and loved this movie from the start. I thought it was funny, it was an interesting topic, although I don't know how I feel about the south being painted like victims in the Civil War. I could see why it was a classic. I loved Clark Gable's Rhett Butler. He was a smooth talking, rich, smart ass and I found myself idolizing his character. I despised Scarlett O'hara, as she is one of the biggest brats and most insufferable movie characters I have ever seen. I had so much respect for what I was watching, especially knowing what a classic it was and all of the history. This movie had the first oscar given to an African American actor or actress ever for the role of Mammy. Mammy would have been played masterfully by my girl Abigail Spencer by the way. That isn't racist of me to say.

As I was really just enjoying myself, I decided to check the IMDB page for this movie just for kicks. That's when I realized it was fucking four hours long. That is entirely too long. I can hardly stay awake for any movie that I see after the sun goes down. This movie had a god damn intermission. I am not joking. So I left about halfway through and finished the movie the next day on demand at my apartment. I gotta say, if the movie had just ended when I left, it would have been one of my favorite movies I had ever seen. Not the case. The second half seemed so uneven and upsetting. I am not somebody that needs a happy ending but to watch my man Rhett Butler become all abusive and shit. Not that I couldn't understand why he got fed up with Scarlett but thats not the man I grew to love in the first 2 hours of this damn movie. Then they just started killing people left and right. They had a baby just so she could grow up to be a snotty little runt (I said Runt) and die jumping with her pony like a real moron.  The second half really hurt this flick.

Favorite Scene: Whenever Rhett would be a dick to Scarlett in a flirty way.

Least Favorite Scene: Whenever Rhett would be a dick to Scarlett in a domestic violency way.

Overall Score: 86/100

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call Me by Your Name

I, Tonya

Mommy Dead and Dearest