Phantom Thread



Where watched: Theaters

Watched with: Myself and a ton of old people

Fuck this movie. As I mentioned in my review of Gifted , there are often movies that just are not good but I can still get a lot of enjoyment out of them. This was the opposite. Watching this movie, I knew it was a wonderful made "film". I can respect it for that. It was nice to look at, the acting was fucking awesome, because of course it was. And also, this movie fucking sucked.

It's about some dude with OCD that makes dresses. For some reason, some young attractive girl starts to date him even though he's a big fucking weirdo. Then he is rude to her because she has a personality and is actually cool. But then she turns out to be a little crazy too. There you go. Thats the fucking movie. The one nominated for the Oscar for Best Mother Fucking Picture of the year.

Again, great acting throughout. But I don't give a shit. This was supposedly Daniel Day Lewis's last performance. Good riddance. This weirdo is probably the best actor of all time and thats awesome but all that method acting shit is the most obnoxious bullshit on the planet. "Oh I'm playing Abraham Lincoln in a movie so now I am the actual real Abraham Lincoln and everybody should call me Mr. President." Get the fuck outta here, dude. I wish the actor who played John Wilkes Booth would have taken his portrayal as literally as DDL did.

Favorite Scene: The credits rolling.

Overall Score: 45/100. Wasn't a Phan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call Me by Your Name

I, Tonya

Mommy Dead and Dearest