The Post




Where watched: Theaters

Who with: My girlfriend 👫

First off, this movie started out incredibly boring. I went at 7:05 which is usually plenty early and not a movie time I have to worry about falling asleep at. Anything after 8:30 you can count me out, I will be snoring my ass off. However, the first 20 minutes of this movie did actually put me to sleep. To the point where I had to go out and buy some pop and some candy just to wake myself up.

Afterwards, the movie became much more enjoyable. It is about the Washington Post and its owner (Meryl Streep) facing a tough decision when the paper gets its hands on some classified documents that basically said the government knew we had no shot to win in Vietnam, but continued to keep our men there just so we didn't have to admit we were wrong. I personally am shocked by this information, as I have always trusted the fine men and women of our government to do what is best for the people without having their own self interest in mind. Tom Hanks works for Streep, and is like "do it." Saul Goodman is great as the guy who recovers the documents, and Jesse Plemmons is a dopey young lawyer who is just kind of there. There are a lot of people that say I look like Ed Sheeran (as well as Zac Effron, as referenced in my Greatest Showman review ) because I have a red beard. If people started saying I looked like Jesse Plemmons I would surely off myself. Spoiler Alert! They print and then thats all. Fine movie, good acting, interesting time in history, still pretty fucking boring.

This movie made me think about how untrustworthy the media can be. The government was just minding its own business and then these fuckers at the newspapers snooped around and found out what they were doing without the government even wanting them to know, and then told everyone about it. Narc city. I can't help but think everything would have been just fine if Nixon was smart enough to just say that the Washington Post was fake news and call it a day. As long as you try to control what the media does and says, and just discredit it whenever it says anything bad about you, then the President's reputation remains squeaky clean. No harm done.

Favorite Scene- I liked when they showed how newspapers are printed. That was dope. Doesn't seem like a medium that will ever out. Writing on the internet will never take off, trust me on that one.

Overall Score: 71/100


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call Me by Your Name

I, Tonya

Mommy Dead and Dearest