All the Money in the World



Where watched: theaters

Watched with: myself, and there is no shame in that.

I went into this movie thinking that I would not like it very much, but I was pleasantly surprised. The grandson of the J Paul Getty, the richest man in the world played by Christopher Plummer’s old ass, is kidnapped in Italy. Right away, I can connect to this movie because Italy is a country that I have been to. Despite claiming to love his grandson and having more than enough money, Getty refuses to pay the ransom. I suppose that’s why they call him GETty and not GIVEy. This is a major bummer to his ex daughter in law, who is played by Michelle Williams. For some reason, marky mark is there as well.

I thought the acting in the movie was very good if you try to forget that Marky Mark was in the movie. Christopher Plummer was famously brought in last minute to clean out the shit that was there before him. More like Christopher Plumber. Michelle Williams was very believable in her role of a woman who had a child with a man who had serious substance abuse issues. 😬.

While I liked the movie, I do have some things that I would change to make the movie a little bit better. I am a movie blogger after all, so my opinions should be taken into consideration. If I were to cast this movie, I think that Kevin Spacey would have done an excellent job in the role of Mr. Getty. Personally, I don't think there is any actor in Hollywood that could better portray a character who is apathetic to the livelihood of a young boy. It is a shame that he lost this role after all of the research and method acting he put in for the scene where Getty walks around the town creepily holding a young child's hand.

Favorite scene: the ear scene.

Overall Score: 73/100.  Marky Mark was an automatic 10 point deduction. Fuck that guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Call Me by Your Name

I, Tonya

Mommy Dead and Dearest